- Only print documents when a hard copy is absolutely essential.
- Instead of a hard copy, use flash drives, e-mail, or a website to share documents with others.
- Work on drafts electronically (“Track Changes” allows you to edit work electronically and keep track of edits).
- Unsubscribe from junk mail lists and catalogs (for a great guide about how to do this, check out http://www.obviously.com/junkmail/).
- Advertise for events through email and the internet rather than paper mailings and fliers.
- Reuse envelopes to send mail to other departments.
- Bring mugs and dishes to work to avoid using paper cups and plates.
- Do not purchase disposable water bottles; instead, use a re-usable water bottle.
- Switch from using 5-gallon water jugs to a filtered water system.